iPhone is always praised by its camera quality. Apple made some SHOT BY iPhone campaign to promote it, and I was not convinced. Not convinced until iPhone 8. Shooting causal stuff like some quick snap while traveling, or happy moments in a family gathering, iPhone is great! I usually not consider it as a serious camera gear but gadgets for recording my life. DSRL /Mirrorless are always the tools I use for serious work.
The situation changed a bit from the iPhone 8 last year. The quality is really good, although it is still a long way from my 5Dmk4. The photos from iPhone 8 already exceed 99% of pocket cameras. This year, I replace my 8 to XR just before my Hokkaido trip, and it is even better!
The DSRL is still my powerhouse, and when I visit some amazing site, I take out my DSRL and shot a batch of photos. It is still way better than the iPhone XR when I zoom in 100%, the color and dynamic range are unmatched. On the other hand, I am no longer hesitate to photo with my iPhone in any place, any time, even at night.
I took many photos when I was on an airplane, while it is not too convenient to use a big camera. See it yourself, that's really sharp!
If you interested in the equipment I used, please check the links below:
- Shimoda Action X30 Backpack ----- https://amzn.to/2SJXdwC
- Shimoda Action Explore 40 Backpack ----- https://amzn.to/3k01oRf
- Peak Design Tripod ----- https://amzn.to/2IajlhD
- Peak Design Everyday Backpack Zip ----- https://amzn.to/33IEAQ1
- Canon 5D Mark IV ----- https://amzn.to/2SJXz6q
- DJI Mavic 2 Pro ----- https://amzn.to/33IKaC3
- GoPro Max ----- https://amzn.to/3nxqPvs
- Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod ----- https://amzn.to/2SECuKI